Monday, June 7, 2010

DAY THREE


I knew it would be a challenge to do this everyday. It is an interesting thing to have to try and remember yourself everyday in this way. I think it will take some practice and discipline until I can really get it down, but I'm realizing that part of this whole photo experiment is learning to remember myself everyday and give myself a little attention. This is something I have never been good at. If nothing else, it will be a good practice in self-care.

I decided I was getting a little bored of taking pictures of my face and started taking pictures of body parts I dislike. I first chose my feet for subject matter. First of all, I dislike feet in general, so therefore mine are no exception, but mine are also large among other things and I just really don't like them. As part of taking pictures of body parts I am not fond of I want to add a redemptive, hopeful aspect to this, so I am going to also try and find at least one thing that is not so bad about the body part I dislike.

One thing I do like about my feet is their high arches. Sometimes I pretend I am a ballerina because of them, which is one of the only times in my life I feel graceful and like a little girl all at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. You are so brave, Niki...to take such a close look at the parts of your body that you are not fond of takes a lot of courage...and then to share them with us - I feel blessed...and challenged to work on my own body image - so thankful you are doing it at your age and pray that you will be free to belong before you are my age! "You are fearfully and wonderfully made"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love them i do the same because my feet look like yours.

    ReplyDelete