Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Arlington Cemetery

Arlington Cemetery was my second favorite place to see in DC. At the top of the cemetery sits the former home and final resting place of Robert E. Lee (what a view he had . . . sheesh). It was a truly majestic place with amazing tributes to those who have served our country. The most notable is the Memorial Amphitheater behind the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. In front of the tomb I saw the changing of the guard, which I had not known existed previous to my visit. Being in the cemetery felt like being in Rome again. Actually, much of DC reminded me of Rome, which I'm sure was somewhat purposeful on the part of those who founded the city ;)

Is it odd that I so enjoyed visiting a cemetery?








































2 comments:

  1. pretty sure that picture of tice in the chair needs to be an album cover. great shots.

    ReplyDelete