Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Millions of orchids, orchids for me

Well, it has been quite a few days since my last post. I had the pleasure of taking a trip to Washington DC. The best thing about the trip was the fact that I WAS GIVEN A CAMERA!!! It is a rather nice digital camera and I used the crap out of it to capture my experience of DC. As I took hundreds of pictures I thought throughout the next week I would post various sights each day. One of my favorite things in DC was the Botanical Garden, which was so amazingly beautiful and full of some of the most beautiful plants I've ever seen. The first segment of my DC trip is pictures from there. The best part about the botanical garden was their orchids, of which they had hundreds, including many rare or endangered orchids. Some of them are pictured below.

It was a great trip, but it sure made me appreciate NYC (and Seattle) in a new way. I'll explain that more as the week goes on ;)

Also . . . the link to the children's book on blurb should be working now and previewable. The link again is : http://www.blurb.com/books/1298259 Let me know if it still doesn't work.








































5 comments:

  1. oh they came out so beautiful - way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so thrilled to see those pictures! I have wanted to go to the Botanical gardens SO BADLY both times I've been in DC, and did not make it either time....shocking that you can live there for a summer and still not see everything! Did you make it to the Library of Congress? That is an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a camera?! I am so happy for you...bless the benefactor, whomever they are.

    Cool that you got to go to DC also. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. K - Next time you're in DC you HAVE to go. We had to go since Tice is such the plant guru. It was really amazing. We didn't make it to the Library of Congress! I'll have to make sure and see that next time.

    C - Bless the benefactors indeed (Tice's parent's. They have made me a happy girl.

    ReplyDelete